A presentation by Armando Fox at the East-West Alliance/Li Ka Shing Foundation meeting, Hong Kong, October 2014, on how MOOCs can enhance residential education.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- PowerPoint (2011 for Mac)
- PDF (in case fonts don’t render correctly)
Links to articles referenced in the presentation:
- Massive Open Online Courses: Current State and Perspectives, by P. Dillenbourg, A. Fox, C. Kirchner, J. Mitchell, M. Wirsing. Dagstuhl Manifesto #14112, Dagstuhl, Germany, March 2014.
- EdX Turns 1: Now What? Washington Post, May 2013
- The “Cost Disease” in Higher Education: Is Technology the Answer?, by William G. Bowen. Tanner Lectures at Stanford University.
- Software Engineering Curricular Technology Transfer: Lessons Learned from Ebooks, MOOCs, and SPOCs, by Armando Fox and David Patterson. Proc. SPLASH-E 2013.
- Example-based learning in computer-aided STEM instruction, by Sumit Gulwani. Commun. ACM 57(8), Aug. 2014. Link to author’s personal homepage